Duphill’s Polished Concrete is applied at thicknesses ranging from 20mm to 50mm. It is composed of a semi-dry, fast curing, low water cement ratio and high strength screed. The Polished Concrete mix incorporates a wide variety of decorative aggregates. These range from granite, marble or stones to offer a vintage floor design coupled with modern day performance. Contrary to traditional concrete, Duphill’s Polished Concrete is fully cured and ready for treatment after 5-7 days. Traditional Concrete on the other hand requires a minimum of 28 days curing to reach the optimum strength and acceptable moisture content for installation of subsequent finishes. These factors depend on the ambient temperature, ventilation and atmospheric humidity.
Polished Concrete Grinding Sequence:
Duphill’s Polished concrete includes a multi-sequence processing. The screed is mechanically ground, honed and polished with bonded abrasives in order to cut a concrete floor’s surface. It is then refined with each cut in order to achieve a specific level of appearance.
Polished Concrete Polishing Sequence:
During polishing, the surface is processed through a series of steps. In general, a minimum of four polishing grades is considered Polished Concrete. The polishing process dictates utilizing progressively finer polishing tools. The choice of polishing grade defines the level of gloss on the final floor finish.
Polished Concrete protection through the choice of sealer:
Duphill’s Polished Concrete offers a variety of finishes. Those finishes range from high gloss to super matt due to the wide range of available sealers. The different types of sealers offer a number of benefits to the concrete:
- Protects against harsh weather conditions
- Prevents slipping in cold or wet conditions
- Enhance the concrete colour
- Improves the floor’s cleanability
- Protects against water and chlorides
- Offers excellent Abrasion resistance
- Increases durability against foot traffic and normal wear and tear
Polished Concrete’s Contribution to LEED:
As the construction industry pursues more environmentally friendly solutions, discovering more affordable, sustainable building solutions is of extreme importance. Duphill’s Polished concrete does not only satisfy a natural, durable and stunning finish, but also ticks all the boxes in LEED certification as a result of the following reasons:
- It is not advisable to include additional building material to projects. This addition leads to a significant impact to the environment (raw material harvesting, manufacturing and processing, packaging and transporting). Concrete is a vital ingredient in all construction projects. This makes Duphill’s Polished Concrete the perfect floor finish to reduce the environmental footprint. This results in saving natural resources and an overall reduction to pollution and costs associated in material shipping.
- Due to its negligeable VOC, Duphill’s Polished Concrete has no negative effect on Indoor air quality. (critical component in green construction).
- As a result of the meticulous fine polishing, the outcome is a reflective floor finish which significantly reduces the amount of artificial lighting required where it is installed. This contributes heavily to energy saving and efficiency.
- Duphill’s Polished Concrete has a substantial thermal mass. This offers a significant contribution to controlling the temperature fluctuations and thus reducing the loads on HVAC systems.
Duphill’s Polished Concrete defines how easy it is to attain all the benefits of sustainable floor finishing without forfeiting aesthetic values or breaking your budget.